Little Bell Place
Been inside a bit this winter. Odd. Australia is so so so much colder than I remember. The days are like cool October, and the early mornings and late evenings, drive me to put my winter wool jacket on. Maybe I don't remember properly because a majority of our treasured memories are with people, and I spend most of my time indoors alone when I am cold. The silly things you realize you didn't remember properly.
This is just a post to share a bit of those quite times... what our world looks like so far here.
This is just a post to share a bit of those quite times... what our world looks like so far here.
| From our dining area to our living area. Some Gumtree (kinda like craigslist) couches we got for quite a steal, and the vintage dining table we found on the side of the road. The shelf to the left that we are holding onto for some fellow workers that are on the other side of Australia. Throw blankets here and there we brought with us. |
| This little stand, clothing hanging contraption is what we put our cloths on (obviously) 15 AU at the Reject shop... Which is kinda like a small wares 'Big Lots'. |
.
This: is my laundry outside.
Still getting used to hanging laundry to dry. Australia, has been far, far, wetter than I remember it...
In the summer, it takes about 30 minutes outside to dry your clothing. It's amazing. Why own a dryer!? While I am still adjusting to the winter.. after 2 days of rain I realized they were not going to dry. Fancy that.
So I pulled them inside, and put a space heater near by.
Voila' !
| There was an evening it warmed up so I cracked the window.. So nice. The air is fresh in this city. Feels like you live in a very large small town. |
Matt:
He is either reading a WWII book here, or his bible.. honestly, I have never seen the man read so much.. and he is a reader!But he's also, just super dedicated to his work. He serves his heart out, and studies up real hard about his convictions to use music to do ministry. Every night it's a different thing on his plate to meditate on, figure out, or write down.This table is now a desk next to our bed. after we found that vintage one on the road.
Our (1.1 mile) walk every day to the base...
We walk through a large footie park, right now its rather soggy, so sometimes. So if we are wearing our winter boots.. yes. If not, it's sidewalks the whole way.
Imagine mid-November cold rain, lots of rain, for all you northern North Americans.
I think that's pretty much it, for our neighborhood, and living space so far. Next time maybe we will share a little about the base and what it looks like for us to be in our ministries in the day to day.. eh?
Thanks for reading - Now go do something productive!